Top Long Island Vein Doctors
What’s the Best Vein Clinic Near Franklin Square?
Why is Vein Treatment Clinic the best vein clinic near Franklin Square, NY?
- Accessible Location: VTC Long Island is located within the Truth and Beauty Medical Spa in Roslyn Park, less than 15 minutes from Franklin Square via New Hyde Park Rd and Searingtown Rd. As such, our medical center is highly accessible to patients from Franklin Square.
- Flawless Ratings & Reviews: Our vein treatment center has5-star ratings and reviews from all patients. This shows that our vein treatments are always successful, cause no pain or discomfort, and that we have exceptional standards of patient care.
- Board-Certified Vein Specialist: VTC is led by Caroline Novak, widely recognized as one of the country’s foremost experts in all things related to spider veins, varicose veins, and venous medicine. She’s a double board-certified vein expert, so that pretty much says it all.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments: VTC Long Island only provides minimally invasive procedures for varicose veins and spider veins. As such, our in-office procedures conclude with minimal discomfort within an hour and involve no downtime.
- Insurance Coverage: We accept all major insurance plans, including Medicare. Furthermore, our vein care staff actively discusses options to maximize your coverage and lower your out-of-pocket financial burden.
The next section of this article provides a detailed step-by-step overview of our minimally invasive vein treatment process, from consultation to recovery. If you’re interested in consulting our vein doctor, you may schedule an appointment online or call us at +1 631-919-4495.
Step 1: Diagnose the root cause of your spider vein and varicose veins through vascular imaging tests and visual inspection.
Before we discuss what happens during the personal consultation, a brief background to spider veins and varicose veins might be necessary. You see, most vein problems, including spider veins and varicose veins, are caused by a circulatory disorder known as chronic venous insufficiency. This condition, caused by the collapse of your vein valves, leads to blood accumulation in your leg veins. Over time, the lack of effective blood circulation and continued blood accumulation in your veins lead to spider veins and varicose veins.
During your initial consultation, our board-certified vein doctor will perform tests to identify underlying venous insufficiency. In some cases, spider veins aren’t caused by venous insufficiency — identifying the root cause is crucial for effective vein treatment. The following are the steps involved in a personal consultation.
- Visual Investigation: The vein doctor examines your spider veins and varicose veins to identify other possible signs and symptoms of vein disease — restless leg syndrome, leg heaviness, leg swelling, skin discoloration, etc.
- Vascular Imaging: The vein physician uses a diagnostic test called duplex ultrasound to visualize the blood flow in your leg veins, which reveals the diseased saphenous vein.
Step 2: Discuss your minimally invasive vein treatment options based on your diagnosis and cosmetic goals.
The vein doctor will discuss the results of your diagnosis and recommend the ideal minimally invasive treatment options. We discuss the potential advantages, disadvantages, costs, and insurance coverage options of all your treatment options, giving you the information to make an informed decision.
The vein doctor will curate your personalized vein treatment plan based on the following factors:
- Whether you have underlying venous insufficiency.
- Insurance coverage options.
- Cosmetic goals and the condition of your spider veins and varicose veins.
- Medical history.
We know health insurance is confusing so we will help you check if you’re covered:
FREE Coverage Checker:
By emailing or contacting us, you are accepting the inherent privacy limitations of online communication. For more information, please read our Digital Communications document. Please respond "STOP" to any text messages to opt out.
Step 3: Perform the minimally invasive treatment for the underlying venous insufficiency — radiofrequency ablation, endovenous laser ablation, or VenaSeal.
If you have underlying venous insufficiency, the vein doctor will need to collapse or remove the diseased saphenous vein responsible for your problems. The following are your minimally invasive vein treatment options:
- Radiofrequency Ablation: The vein doctor administers local anesthesia and creates an incision on the skin’s surface. The incision is an entry point for the catheter, driven into the diseased vein under ultrasound guidance. The vein doctor delivers thermal energy into the diseased vein, collapsing its walls.
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: The vein doctor administers local anesthesia and creates an incision on the skin’s surface. The incision is an entry point for the laser fiber, driven into the problematic vein under ultrasound guidance. The vein physician delivers laser energy into the diseased vein, collapsing its walls.
- VenaSeal: The vein physician injects a medical adhesive into the diseased vein to close its walls.
Despite the different methods, all minimally invasive treatments for venous insufficiency have the same goal — collapse the diseased saphenous vein to reroute the accumulated blood to healthier leg veins.
Step 4: Remove the superficial varicose veins and spider veins with ambulatory phlebectomy or sclerotherapy.
Treating venous insufficiency doesn’t necessarily remove the superficial spider veins and varicose veins. If you want to improve your legs’ cosmetic appearance, you’ll need the following treatments:
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: The vein doctor makes small incisions on the skin to remove the superficial varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy: The vein doctor injects sclerosant medicine into the spider veins to make them collapse and fade away.
Visit Our Long Island Vein Treatment Center
Step 5: Resume your daily activities after the spider vein and varicose vein treatments.
The entire vein treatment process concludes in 30 to 60 minutes, following which you can resume your daily activities without downtime. However, the vein doctor will recommend the following guidelines:
- Wear compression stockings for a few days.
- Avoid heavy exercises for a few days.
- Walk frequently and avoid long stretches of inactivity.
Schedule an appointment at our medical center near Franklin Square.
Vein Treatment Clinic is located within the Truth and Beauty Medical Spa at 250 S Service Rd, Roslyn Heights, alongside the Long Island Expressway. For more information, please schedule an appointment online or call us at +1 631-919-4495.
Meet your Long Island NY Vein Doctor
With Harvard Trained Medical Directors, our vein clinic Long Island sources only the top spider and varicose vein experts in the country.
Change your life
Join thousands of happy patients just like you
Vein treatments are often covered by major medical insurances, including Medicare. How do you know if your insurance will cover your vein treatment?
Speak with one of our team members to ask any questions you may have, verify your insurance and book an appointment at your earliest convenience. (631) 305-2827
You can give us a call at 631-305-2827 or fill out one of our forms here to request a call back; one of our team members will call you and help you verify your insurance coverage before booking your appointment.
Visit us at our Long Island Vein Treatment Center located at 481 West Montauk Highway.